Hey everyone, are you one of the Banjo enthusiasts and want to get the one? Don’t you know much about Best Banjo for beginners? Definitely, it is not something that you cannot buy again and again or replace. Whether you are looking for your first Banjo or you just looking to upgrade, this guide will for sure steer you in the right direction. I always follow the philosophy of you need to know what’s best for you. Therefore, I am going to show you a variety of different brands, different shapes, different sizes so that you can come to find which Banjo is best for you.
After going through this review, you will not only be confident to choose the best banjo for beginners but you will become an expert so that you will confidently advise others which Banjo is right for their requirements. So let’s not wait anymore and start exploring different types of your favorite music equipment.
Let’s See About The 6 Best Banjo For Beginners:
Banjos may differ from one another on the basis of their sizes, types, and brands anyways; here you will find 5 top beginners banjo out of which you can opt for the one. Have a look at the quick comparison chart of 5 best Beginners Banjo.
Now, we will review the details of these best banjo for beginners one by one, for example, their features, pros, cons, etc. and then you will be able to choose the best one.
Here are some special features and specifications of this Banjo that make it so different and famous.
Stunning Mahogany wood design- 5 String Beginner Banjo comes with 5th Tuner together with Mahogany Resonator that you can actually open back, closed back and playback for clawhammer or bluegrass type banjo. Therefore, you can play even more classical sounding tones in it.
24 brackets- This banjo has 24 brackets that are good for producing a loud ring and much better tone. If you are a beginner or even if you are a seasoned player then its smooth maple fingerboard will assist you to easily change the chord.
Sturdy tuning pegs- the tuning pegs of this 5 String Resonator Banjo is seriously amazing as these are sturdy and very simple to turn.
Perfect for beginners- This Banjo is simple to use even for those who are beginners as it comes mostly assembled and it is ready to use. For the detailed instructions, it comes with bonus book that includes all the chord charts. Let’s practice different chords and make you an expert!
Upgraded Packaging- Sensitive about the protection of your banjo? Well, nothing to get worried here because this 5 string banjo RESOLUUTE is packed and padded with extraordinary care and so it will remain protected in transit. Feel comfortable to order this product because there is no risk of the damage during shipping because of it upgraded packaging.
|Tuner||Geared 5th Tuner|
|Dimensions||41.5 X 18 X 6.5 Inches|
What makes it special? Why only Resoluute banjo?
There are the following points that insist you to choose only and only Resoluute 5 strings Resonator banjo:
- This is a versatile instrument that you can use to produce different types of chords and tunes from classic to modern. It is simply a great product for all the music enthusiasts whether beginners or professionals.
- Resoluute 5 string Resonator Banjo has gone through rigorous testing so as to make sure that it meets all the standards of a perfect and high-quality musical instrument. Therefore, feel free to place an order as it is a highly authentic instrument.
- Beginner Banjo guide is there with the product that helps the beginners to learn and practice different chords.
- Although the design of this Ukulele is very classic the manufacturer has given a modern touch to it and so it looks very beautiful.
- The Remo Drum-head is useful for maximizing the volume and for producing loud rings.
Hence if you have been looking for a classic but modern, easy to use but highly professional Ukulele then believe me that Resoluute has introduced this product just for you.
Cons of the instrument:
If you have been looking for a cheap and best beginners banjo to practice or even to gift someone then Resoluute Ukulele would be great but on the other hand, you should also keep in your mind that price is not the only aspect to consider but there are many other things. On the basis of some other aspects, the following cons of this instrument have been observed:
- The higher you go on its neck, the chords and the tunes don’t really sound nice.
- It tends to produce very loud sound and hence it may cause disturbance for others who are living with you.
- 5 STRING Full Size Banjo with Geared 5th Tuner
- RESONATOR mahogany closed back for bluegrass or clawhammer style banjo
- 24 BRACKETS for nice loud ring and tone, PROFESSIONAL REMO drumhead and MAPLE fingerboard
- Comes ASSEMBLED and includes BONUS BANJO BOOK with chord charts
- Measures 38" long, and 13.5" across at the widest part. Weighs 5.5lbs.
Anyways, it is a pricier piece and for those who are looking for a cheap Ukelele, it would be a great choice. They may even neglect the above two cons that I have mentioned above just because of its fair price.
It is the Banjo containing all those features that you might be expecting from a very expensive one. Not only you will love its appearance but its lovely and great sounds will really please your ears.
Feeling anxious about the features and specifications of Jameson Guitar’s 5-String Banjo! Let’s have a look at them one by one:
Geared 5th Tuner- usually, you don’t find geared 5th Tuner in the banjos that are not so expensive but thanks to the manufacturer that he has added this amazing feature in this music instrument! Geared 5th Tuner is superb for tuning and it makes easy for you to learn how to play Banjo.
Beautiful Appearance- This iconic music instrument seriously has a beautiful appearance. Not only it looks great but even it plays great and you will literally have endless fun with it.
24 brackets- The product has 24 brackets so you have multiple choices to play the chords and you can play a variety of songs once you get expert of using these brackets appropriately.
High quality- All the parts of this instrument are of high quality. It has a neck with 7 ply maple, beautiful high-gloss finish, mahogany resonator and mahogany shell. All these things are actually expected in highly expensive Banjos but you get these all in Jameson Guitars’ 5-string Banjo that is very reasonable.
- 5 String Full Size Banjo with Geared 5th Tuner
- Amazing Low Price on Best Selling Banjo
- 24 Bracket with Closed Mahogany Back; Nut Width - 1.25 inches
- Made by Jameson/Davison Guitar Company. Overall length - 38 inches
- Ships Fast - Top Seller - Customer Favorite
Are you sitting with your partner? Want to realize her how important is she! Want to express your feelings and love! Wait no more to get this superb Banjo that will produce melodious sounds and you will not have any need for words to express your love. Just play this Banjo while looking into your partner’s eyes and feel how happy she is and how close she comes to you!
|Tuner||Geared 5 Tuner|
|Shape||Bound closed back|
Pros- What makes it unique?
Here you will come to find some important and unique things about Jameson Guitars’ 5-String Banjo 24 Bracket with Closed Solid Back and Geared 5th Tuner:
- This instrument is very handy and even the beginners can use it feeling like an expert.
- Its design is really eye-catching and all the people who will hear the sound of this instrument will not stop themselves from seeing it.
- It is very reasonable in terms of money but still, it contains all those features that very expensive Banjos usually have.
- It plays really great and the sound that it produces is really superb and attractive.
- This music instrument contains a resonator back that is actually a bonus in this price range. Otherwise, the instrument costs extra amount for this feature.
In simple words, Jameson Guitars’ brand has really done a great job and has offered the best product to all the Banjo enthusiasts. You would simply love the experience and even if you are a beginner then you will not find it difficult to learn to play the Banjo. In the official website of the company, you can find some free lessons that can further make you perfect in playing this instrument.
Cons of this Banjo:
It seems that Jameson Guitars’ product is really perfect but still there are some areas that need improvement. You need to have a look at the following cons as well before you decide to buy this guitar:
- On my product, it was mentioned that it is made in China, however, I had read somewhere that it is made in USA. Anyways, it doesn’t make any difference as long as the product meets up all the quality standards and works perfectly.
- Its neck needs to be adjusted a bit tighter otherwise it doesn’t work properly.
- I think it is more comfortable to use for the lefties but I would not consider this point as the con because the righties have also not complained anything. Maybee it works equally well for both types of individuals.
- Its weight is considerably more as compared to other products.
In spite of these cons, I must say that the product is simply perfect and it can make you an expert in playing a Banjo. Therefore, get ready to experience it and entertain your soul with a different and yummy recipe of music!
Another high-quality and durable Banjo is here for you that will make you love the music and that will make you love to play this instrument.
Features of the Banjo:
Here is the list of salient features of this best banjo for beginner:
Vintage Brown Finish- The appearance of this Banjo is really beautiful because it has Vintage brown finish. It really looks very cool because of this finish.
Fully- Walled resonator- It has fully walled resonator that is good for making the great sounds. As its resonator is fully walled so it provides a variety in terms of tunes and chords.
Planetary tuners- This Banjo comes with planetary tuners that are really perfect. This Banjo has a large central gear and further there are smaller gears that rotate around the former one. These small gears usually make a big difference in the pitch of string and also in the tune.
Expert factor setup- When you get this Banjo, it is really to play and use and you don’t need to make any further installation. Therefore, this musical instrument for sure offers great playability sound even from the very first day.
- Rolled brass tone ring
- Straight-line tailpiece
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Gold Tone engraved arm rest
- Includes bag
Therefore, if you are truly looking for a Banjo that offers durability as well as quality then Gold Tone’s Gold Tone CC-50RP/L Resonator Cripple Creek Banjo is something that you have been looking for. You will find this Banjo equally effective and simple to play for the professionals as well as newbies.
|Bridge||Maple with Ebony cap|
|Tone Ring||Rolled Brass|
|Finish||Vintage brown Satin|
|Number of Frets||22|
|Nut Width||1-3/16" Bone|
Some pros of Gold Tone CC-50RP Banjo:
Feeling crazy to explore the pros or the benefits of this top quality Banjo! Let’s not wait anymore and end up exploring these awesome features of this product:
- The instrument is very easy to play. Even if you are a beginner and you have never held a Banjo before, you will not get any confusion and there aren’t any special instructions required to play it.
- The sounds that it tends to produce are really great and you will love the experience. In fact, its sounds are much better even as compared to very expensive Banjos.
- The appearance of this Banjo is very lovely and its design is very different from the traditional Banjos.
- Although it is a high quality Banjo but it is very light in weight. Therefore, you can easily handle it in the concerts or events.
- The product comes with extra protection and it does not get damaged in transit. The customers of different Banjos have faced the issue that they get the damaged instruments and when they complain the company, they get the answer that it was damaged during shipping. Anyways, you will not face this issue in case of this instrument.
Cons of the instrument:
I am sure that you will still be having the doubt in your mind whether the product has any cons or not. Well, there aren’t any serious drawbacks of this musical device but some of its cons are given below:
- One of its drawbacks is that the product does not come with resonator attached.
- The feature of 24 brackets seems missing in this instrument.
You may neglect these drawbacks because they seem very minor in comparison to its other benefits and features. Therefore, if you want to get an economical and a highly professional Banjo then choosing Gold Tone CC-50RP Banjo would turn out to be a great decision.
Pyle is another great brand when it comes to Banjos and Concert Ukuleles. Pyle 5-String Geared Tunable Banjo is literally one of the best musical instruments that you would definitely love to use.
Features of Pyle 5-String Geared Tunable Banjo
Are you brand-conscious when it comes to Banjos! Are you a follower of Pyle instruments? Here are the features of Pyle’s latest musical instrument:
5-string Banjo- this instrument comes with all the classic tones that you usually in a traditional Banjo. Therefore, it is really perfect for bluegrass, folk and even a lot more modern rock.
Perfect design- this Banjo has a really nice appearance as it has a classical traditional style Binding design. This Banjo has been perfectly coated with rich wood finish that further adds the beauty and style in this product.
Strong body- the body of this Banjo is super strong and it is because of the reason that it has chrome plate hardware together with accents.
Universal Adjustable truss rod- you can easily adjust the truss rod according to your choice and you can bring innovations in the tunes and sounds played by this device.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - The rich wood and high-gloss finish are accented with white jade machine head tuner key pegs and chrome-plated hardware. Crafted with mahogany neck, back, and side, plus a rosewood fingerboard and Maple Wood bridge
- FABULOUS TONE - Brings you all the classic tones of a traditional 5 string banjo. Perfect for country, folk, bluegrass, and even some modern rock. It's designed to sound as good as it looks
- GEARED 5TH TUNER - Important for both tuning and playability. A premium feature usually found only on more expensive banjos this geared 5th tuner is an important upgrade over the common friction tuner
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Full scale & lightweight ideal for traveling, camping, hiking, taking to the beach. Whether you are pro, a weekend warrior, a hobbyist or a beginner: Start playing your favorite songs right away
- CLASSIC TRADITIONAL STYLE - Styled after the innovative models of the early 20th century, these new/old banjos are true players that exude undeniably providing a vibrant singing banjo tone in any situation
In simple words, this Banjo contains all those features that one might expect in a perfect instrument. Even if you are not much interested in playing Guitars and Banjos, I am sure that because of this instrument, you will choose playing Banjo as your hobby.
Specifications:[table “14” not found /]
The key benefits of the instrument:
If your interest is to get the Banjo with good quality then you may prefer to choose Pyle 5-String Geared Tunable Banjo that comes with the following main benefits:
- The design of this musical instrument is not only solid and strong but it is also very appealing. I am sure if you will give this Banjo to anyone as gift then he or she would love it because of its color combination and style.
- You don’t need to pay a lot for this Banjo but it costs very reasonable u of money that everyone can afford easily.
Therefore, you can get this cheap Banjo and you can fulfill your desire of playing it yourself. In fact, it would be a great instrument to learn how to use and play Banjos. You can practice different chords and tunes on it.
Cons of the instrument:
Here you will find some simple cons of this instrument that are given below:
- Tuning knob plastic on one tuner is not of good quality as it is very loose always. It even won’t affect the sound quality produced.
- The packaging of the guitar is not so good and safe and that’s why many customers face the problem of receiving damaged Banjos.
- This product is only good for the beginners or for giving as gift but the professional musicians usually do not prefer it.
When it comes to the Banjos or Concert Ukuleles, you cannot forget about Martin Smith as it is a popular name that deals in such products. Therefore, it is a must to have a look at its popular instrument that is Martin Smith BJ-003 6 String Guitar Banjo.
Features of The instrument:
Remo Banjo Head- Usually, you find feature in premium quality Banjos that are very expensive but you will also find it in this instrument and even it is very cheap.
High-Quality construction- the best quality material has been used in its composition and that’s why it is an instrument having a strong body. High-glass mahogany has been used in making its back as well as sides.
Padded Gigbag- it is confirmed that it will be safe even during the shipping because it comes in padded gig bag.
|Dimensions||39.4 x 4.3 x 11.8 inches|
The following are some pros of this high quality Banjo:
- The most important thing about this product is that it is very light in weight. You will be amazed to know that this Banjo has the weight of just 5.73 pounds.
- It produces premium grade sounds even it is available at an affordable price.
- It is a truly well-crafted instrument and in fact, it has a beautiful design.
- You can take free lessons for two months and you can get 200 live lessons every month.
Having a look at the pros or the benefits only is not enough to completely know about this beginners banjo but besides that, you must have a look at its side effects or drawbacks. In case of Martin Smith BJ-003 6 String Guitar Banjo, you will find the following cons:
- The stings are too stiff and the beginners may find it difficult to use.
- You may find its tuners not so effective and they are usually out of tune.
- Remo Skin Head
- Two Way Truss Rod
- High Gloss Mahogany Back and Sides
- Standard Guitar Tuning
- Includes Padded Carry Case
At the very beginning, let’s take a sharp look at that particular product review as your desired Banjo, we will talk about their special features, Cons, and Pros etc.
Here are some special product features what made it special and different than others. That will let you know the qualities of that Banjo.
Thick maple Neck- The US made low profile Banjo with a Slender feature and a consist with fast playing three plied thick 22 Fret Maple neck! That ensures its lasting and legibility
5th Strings- It’s installed 5th Strings along with sealed geared tuning machine facility will make the tuning easy
Adjustable Deering tailpiece- It’s flexible and adjustable Deering tailpiece along with 5/8-inch-long good time bridge makes the playing style faster and smooth.
Exclusive Warranty- It’s 6 years long exclusive warranty will ensure your quality safety and services within a reasonable price!
Light Weight- Only 4 pounds of weight will ensure you flexible carrying of anywhere and roaming around wherever you want.
Tone- It produces Tones of a vibrant signing Banjo by high Crown Head and with a Steel tension Hoop as well.
What makes it special? Why only Deering Goodtime 5-Strings Banjo
These are the following facts will feel your needs for further inquiries of that Banjo, so, let’s take a look through it.
- That low profile, the versatile instrument will help you to produce different tunes and chords of different genres. It doesn’t really much matters, if you are a beginner or a professional. You will be able to switch yourself from the Classic to Modern music with the help of that particular instrument.
- Deering Goodtime 5 Strings Banjo went through several tests by the professionals to prove itself as a high-quality musical instrument.
- So, move on to place your order of that highly authentic product without any hesitation
- That Slender will help you to play with Small or large hands with a comfortable accuracy of current intonations on the entire fingerboard.
- It’s three piled Maple Rim is basically a drum part, to produce the quality sound of Goodtime Rims over a Standard 11-inch Diameter Rim.
- It’s Goodtime tailpiece is easily adjustable and extremely strong, to maximize and minimize your top-quality playing tones. And, that feature is really rated in that type of price range.
Cons of the Instrument:
If you are seeking for a Cheap and beginner Banjo to gift someone or practice by yourself that particular quality Banjo would be the best option for you.
That type of low-price ranged Banjo is still able to act not only the Banjo of Beginner but as a professional one’s regarding the circumstances!
Nevertheless, don’t choose that Banjo just for its price but also for its quality specifications as well. Because we believe, that will bring more satisfaction for you as well.
- It would be your best decision if you consider that Banjo as your next musical weapon to enjoy your Banjo playing out in the middle!
- Because this Banjo will give you the warranty for your upcoming six years to have a quality time spend with that Banjo!
- Low-profile, 22-fret rock maple neck with hardwood bow tie inlays
- Sealed, geared tuning machines, including fifth string
- 5/8-Inch maple/ebony Goodtime bridge with adjustable Deering tailpiece
- Six-year warranty
- Three-ply, 11-inch maple rim with steel tension hoop and high crown head
We do believe, that’s our best offer to provide for your honorable customers to take a hit with that uniquely upgraded Banjo even to honor ourselves as a seller!
Now the best banjo for beginners (Writer Choice)
When it comes to my personal opinion, I must say that I like all the 5 products that I have mentioned above. I would love to own all these but honestly, everyone has limited money in his pocket. If any of my friends would send me the gift on my own choice then I would buy one of these Banjos.
I already have two of them and these are working perfectly. Anyways, it is up to you which one suits to you the most. Your choice might be different from mine and so you may opt for a different product but just to share with you about my choice, I own Martin Smith BJ-003 6 String Guitar Banjo and 5-String Banjo 24 Bracket with Closed Solid Back and Geared 5th Tuner.
You are very well-informed about the 5 best banjo for beginners and now the choice is yours. Let’s get any of them and explore some different and melodious tones to impress your community, friends and the loved ones.
Want to make the moments romantic with your partner or girlfriend? ehhhhh!
I am sure that she would love it and she will feel special when you will buy such an amazing Banjo to sing songs for her. She will just feel like the love is in the air and that’s all you have to do to bring her very close to you!
All 5 best banjo for beginners that I have discussed above are really the top choices and not only the beginners are showing their interests in them but even the professionals. Whether you want to buy a banjo to learn or even if you want to buy it to teach, these 5 products are those that you should not miss. You will love the experience and because of the soft and melodious sounds played by these banjos, you will inspire and attract others towards music.
Anyways, I want to encourage you that you do not need to get Ukulele that is very expensive and even I don’t want you to get something that is latest and greatest but you need to buy beginners Banjo that works for you.
Hope you have learnt a lot about best banjo for beginners from this review. Don’t you think! If so then I am sure you will be coming to the site for reading further interesting and informative things about your favorite music instruments.