Music is one of the finest passion of man, which can create beauty, and happiness both at the same time. However, choosing the perfect piano for beginners is not that simple as it seems. As a beginner, you will need a good quality piano to get started with but you are also not ready for the grand professional one. There are so many great options out there but not all the great options are best for you. Therefore, there are several things you will need to know before buying a piano and we are here to help you with that.
Before writing the review of the best piano for beginners, we would like to let you know about some basics about buying a best digital piano for you. So, what are the basics then? Read below.
Which Piano Do You need as a beginner?
There are several things you need to know before buying a piano. As a beginner, your price range should not be very high and the piano should not be cheap. It should be in quality on a budget. If you are very serious about learning it, you should buy a full size weighted key piano as most of the music examination board use that kind of pianos for the exam. As technology has developed, there is not much difference between the digital piano and the acoustic piano. Even digital keyboards are much more practical nowadays.
How to choose the best piano for learner?
To avoid wasting money stupidly, here are the main criteria to consider before buying a digital piano to start in good conditions.
Best in weight and bulk
Generally, digital pianos are much lighter and smaller than acoustic pianos. However, make sure that the dimensions of the model you buy are adapted to the space available in your room.
Note that most portable pianos can be easily removed for storage, while digital pianos for the stage fit easily into your car when you are up to a road trip.
Best in price
Electric pianos usually cost huge less than their acoustic correspondent, between € 200 for the entry-level and sometimes over € 1000 for experienced pianists.
Maintenance is not a problem with digital pianos (you just have to pay attention to the accumulation of dust), while acoustic pianos require tuning every day, a recurring and expensive service.
Best in brand
Even if you are looking for the best piano for beginners, it is important to limit yourself to brands recognized in the world of electronic music instruments. The best digital piano brands include Roland, Yamaha or Casio.
By choosing one of these manufacturers, you take less risk of poor quality materials, longevity problems or after-sales service.
Best in quality of the keyboard
First of all, it is important to check before selecting the best digital piano for beginners, whether your digital piano has 88 keys or not. It is the basis for not being annoyed while progressing and having to change device. Then, be aware that the keys to some models will make more noise than others, which can be annoying for people in the family even if you put a helmet.
Similarly, polyphony (that is to say the number of notes played simultaneously, I advise you at least 128) and the presence or absence of heavy touch (adjustable or not) are two criteria that will directly affect the pleasantness when using the digital piano.
Best in sound quality and volume control
The amplification process often determines the quality of the sound produced by your digital piano, while affecting the quality of the music you play. Make sure you choose a piano with good amplification technology.
A traditional piano generates a certain volume range depending on the force with which you hit its keys. The volume of the digital piano is easily adjustable. If you want to practice in silent, it possible using a headphone on most models (ideal in the apartment for example).
Best in record
Some digital pianos give you the option to record your performance, which can be a benefit when you learn to play and want to review your progress.
Best in connectivity
Most digital pianos have a MIDI function that allows you to connect to your computer and the recording equipment. Some models accept flash memory cards so that you can transfer music to other devices and computers.
Best in learning functions
A digital piano designed for beginners often includes lessons, exercises, notes and chord displays, a metronome, and access to online resources. Some have a dual headphone jack that allows you to work together silently. Similarly, those with split keyboard functions allow the students to play with their teacher in the same octaves.
12 Best Pianos For Beginners (Our Recommendation)
If you in a hurry….
Just in case you are in a hurry, you can check these three best pianos for beginners from our review team.
- Full sized 61 soft touch keyboard.
- AWM stereo sampling.
- Nine step lesion function.
- 385 high-quality voices.
- Duo Mode system.
- Ultra-wide stereo option.
- 1 track recording.
- 32 note polyphony.
- The design is very much portable and compact. To add a backing band at you performance it has accompaniment styles. Its simplest design is best for entry level
- It has special one boar lesson feature.
- It is onboard 385 sounds are fantastic like its strings, organ, synths, and pianos are done very beautifully.
- Little screen for music sheet is very much user-friendly and extremely helpful. That you can apply for both treble and bass. This screen also shows you the song style and sound.
- Its Portable grand button is especially for launching back you to the default sound.
- To practice with a partner, it has duo mode system that allows keyboard into 2 same havels and divides the middle C.
- For sufficient variation, it has 32 polyphony notes.
- These keyboard keys are shiny and sleek.
- Battery supported works for hours.
- Cord types drum symbol and based on the keypress you can identify cord type.
- It includes 100 Educational Suite(YES) preset songs.
- Ideal for starter aspiring musicians
- Lesson mode is very easy changes according to learner’s pace.
- You can create your own music.
- Great sounds with voices.
- The ease of handling,
- Value for money,
- Easy transportation,
- The interface very simple.
- Power cord missing.
- Full body is made of plastic. So do not drop it and use carefully.
- Middle C is not so clear.
- 54 portable electronic keyboard.
- 100 built-in
- 100 keyboard voices.
- 8 demo songs with playback and record function.
- Product dimension is 33.5 x 13 x 4.7 inches.
- Weight is 8.27 pounds.
- Interactive LCD screen with various teaching modes.
- Its portable and high-quality design makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners.
- It keyboards make you feel like a traditional
- It built in rhythms offer you a lot of variety and make your keyboard extreme versatile.
- It has also built-in stereo speakers.
- It has High quality and easily readable LCD screen that helps you to play 8 sample songs with the right key and cords. Its LCD screen is very bright and nice that offers an amazing experience while guiding you with various sounds and notes.
- Its full-size key adds little bit extra weight.
- Its sound quality makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners. This piano is amazing with plenty of sounds. It beat finding the quality that matches to the song is nice with 8 percussion sound effect.
- It has some very useful add-on like sheet music and android tablet.
- Its key size is full.
- Easy to use
- Great choice for any learner.
- Lightweight and comfortable to use.
- Quite loud built-in speakers
- For a learner, it has great instructions.
- Great value for a beginner.
- You can feel a bit springy with keys.
- Headphone connect facility is poor.
- Built-in tunes all are not impressive.
- Product dimension 39.5 x 17 x 6.5 inches
- Product weight 13.75 pounds.
- 61 standard electronic keyboard.
- LED Display.
- DC 12v/8” D batteries.
- 110 V 8 D Batteries.
- 10w Amplifier.
- US plug type.
- Eight demo songs with Eight percussion.
- It is one of the best piano for apprentice and hobbyists. It is highly compact size.
- Its keyboard is perfect touch and quite smooth.
- Its intelligent teaching function enables your children to learn more accurately and faster.
- 16-grade master volume control and 46 level keyboard percussion tempo control with it you can easily create wonderful notes.
- Headphone gives you discreet play built is speakers give you loud and high sound play.
- Multi-function facility for intermediate and beginner level.
- It has a very easy and simple operational panel with nice clear LCD display.
- It is fully equipped with playback and record function and rhythm programming.
- It has one key and follows two teaching modes.
- It has a headphone output with L/R speaker.
- It comes with some other functions like vibrato, sustain, fill-in, Sync, Fingered Chord and a single
- It comes with user manual, charger adapter, music sheet holder and electronic keyboard.
- Best digital piano for beginners.
- Excellent quality with many features.
- Simple working keyboard.
- Great price value.
- Intelligent teaching function.
- The headphone is not so good quality.
- 400 AHL voices keyboard.
- Product dimension is 40x6x16 inches.
- 61 keys piano style keyboard.
- 48 polyphony notes.
- 150 rhythms and 110 built-in songs with 400 tones.
- USB MIDI Connection.
- Built-in MIC with sound EFX sampler.
- It has a compact body and frame, which makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners.
- AHL GM Voices with 48 notes.
- You can synthesize with music software program with its USB MIDI connection.
- To capture sound effects, clicks and hand clap it has 2-second recording features.
- Built-in microphone for voice recording, tonality and pitch control.
- LCD display with 110 songs.
- It comes with inbuilt transport and tuning functionality.
- For clear and realistic sounds, it has built-in.
- If you want to slow down your songs it has also a speed controller.
You can discover more abut that product by click here.
- Full-sized real feel keys
- Variety of effects and tones for experiments
- Best digital piano for beginners for LCD screen, which is more assistive.
- Good option for those with a tight budget or beginners.
- The sound quality feels digital, not natural.
- No pressure or velocity sensitive keys.
- Lacks of teaching facility like other models down below.
- It’s a graded soft touch 76-key digital piano.
- You’ll have 6 track records with master Equalizer.
- This has 489 high-quality tones with great stereo speakers.
- The dimension is 137 mm X 1178 mm X 412 mm (HxWxD).
- The weight of the product is 8.3 kg.
- It has 300 music database with an option for external storage.
- If you like the realistic sound from a digital piano with just a soft touch on the keys, Yamaha DGX230 would be the another best one piece for beginners.
- The song arranger feature will allow you to easily play a song with different styles.
- It even has Performance Assistance Technology. This feature can help you practice with the right You can appear on a show and play like a pro without knowing much about playing the piano.
- It has a huge music database and you can expand it by adding external storage to it.
- The piano can be connected to a host computer via USB cable easily.
- This one is a very good option for the beginners because of Yamaha Education Suite or YES in short. With this advanced teaching assistant, you’ll master a song following easy steps and shout YES in no time.
- Sounds really great considering the price
- Huge built-in sound options of more than 400 instruments
- Keys feel real
- Good deal for beginners
- Speakers need improvement.
- The audio seems inconsistent.
- Not so professional.
- It’s a full-size keyboard with 88 weighted keys that has hammer action.
- The total weight is 26 kg or 11.8 pounds.
- The dimension is 117 mm X 1312 mm X 336 mm (HxWxD).
- It has 3 pedals, 1 headphone input, line output, built-in speaker, and 8 sounds.
- Reverb and chorus effects are present in this digital piano.
- The first feature to be mentioned here is its natural weighted hammer keys. This feature makes it feel like an authentic acoustic grand piano.
- Korg B1SP also offers motional feedback technology, which makes the sound more natural by ensuring an ideal frequency response.
- You can’t differentiate this digital piano with an acoustic one because it has used advanced sampling techniques to create vibrant and rich instrumental sound.
- The 3 pedals will allow you to perform like playing a real grand piano.
- You’ll get a matching seat which has a comfortable piano height. So, you can practice for hours.
- Very easy to use and assemble
- Comes with pre-programmed music
- Sounds realistic
- Good quality weighted keys
- Can’t get the feeling of strong or solid build while playing the piano.
- No USB connectivity.
- Compact 88 keys portable digital keyboard
- AWM stereo sampling features
- Portable & convenient in size
- 64-note polyphony for wonderful melodic quality
- Included accessories: X keyboard stand, earphone, a sustain pedal & dust cover
- Overall dimension: 13 x 18 x 15 inches
- Weight: 65.6 Lbs.
The Features We Like:
- The P45B utilizes the most recent AWM with advanced innovation to record the accurate sound of an acoustic piano. The AWM stereo makes a more profound, more extravagant and increasingly extensive sound by joining sets of waveforms (L and R) as caught by the mouthpiece.
- The GHS weighted quality adds a substantial touch in the low-end keys and a lot lighter touch in the top of the line keys, similar to a genuine acoustic piano. You can likewise alter the console’s affectability as your wish. No other computerized piano offers a GHS activity at this reasonable price.
- The price is very reasonable making it an incredible instrument for apprentices, beginners or for home usages.
- Yamaha P45B offers 64- note polyphony that enables the player to perform reasonably thick melodic entries without removing any dropped notes.
- The Dual Mode enables a player to join two of the ten inherent voices in the P45B, similar to piano and strings, for an increasingly flexible and innovative execution.
- With the GHS weighted keys, you will feel like you are playing a genuine piano.
- Full, 88-key console with a lot of room, even for two-part harmonies.
- Simple to change settings just by contacting one catch.
- Reverb and chorale impacts for warm, rich sound quality.
- Vitality sparing element shutdowns the instrument down after a specific measure of time of non-use.
- Some keys tend to be uproarious (especially lower keys)
- No record/playback options
- Missing some highlights that are offered by equivalent models
- Fully weighted 88 keys holding the black color keyboard
- GHS certified ( Graded Hammer Standard)
- Great touching sensitivity
- Have AWM stereo sampling feature
- Dual mode: Input double voice together
- Accurate tuning
- Product Dimension: 58 x 16 x 11.5 inches
The Features We Like:
- Yamaha P-45 is an 88-key mallet finish advanced piano with implicit speakers. The piano already acquired the minimized and lightweight structure of its forerunner – P35.
- Convenience is something I like about the P-45. It will effectively fit into little spaces and will be a pleasant expansion to your home inside.
- The weight of this instrument is only 25 lbs.; it is so light that only one person can carry it.
- The control panel is very simple & flexible. There exist only two buttons; “Power” button swing the instrument on & off and “Function” button is used for selecting either Grand Piano Tunes or access the other tunes and highlights of the P-45.
- The instrument is touch delicate, which implies the volume/timbre changes relying upon how hard or delicate you touch the keys, imitating the rich unique scope of a great piano.
- Yamaha utilizes its outstanding AWM dynamic testing innovation to precisely catch the sound of an acoustic instrument and make brilliant examples.
- The P45 highlights 2 x 12 cm implicit speakers (6W + 6W amp). The sound is sufficiently uproarious for a beginner to rehearse in a moderately little room or to perform before a couple of individuals.
- Minimal and Lightweight
- Simple to utilize
- 88 completely weighted keys
- 10 built-in instrument sounds
- Ideal for tenderfoots
- Moderate & reasonable pricing
- No internal sound recorder options
- Speakers are not so loud
- Wobbly support footswitch
- The earphone jack is on the back
- No additional Keyboard stand
- Fully weighted 88 keys digital piano with Ebony key tops
- Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II features
- Contact Sensitivity ( Three Types)
- Seamless dynamics air sound source
- Polyphony-128 notes
- Inbuilt 18 different piano tones
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 52 x 5.5 inches
- Weights: 24 Pounds
- Sixty piano songs
- One year warranty
The Features We Like:
- This is an extremely compact console. Its weight is only 25 pounds and very much convenient in size. You can simply carry it anyplace you want to go. It also looks very slim, just near about 11.5 inches in depth.
- Casio is already renowned for making pianos with extremely responsive keys. You will get a few unique features here. For a certain something, the keys are completely weighted and evaluated. This implies they are going to feel like the keys on an acoustic.
- The keys additionally highlight Casio’s well known tri-sensor innovation. The tri-sensor innovation is advanced in giving realistic feel while playing the keyboard.
- If you are trying to locate a decent piano that comes in at well under the $1000 you will be satisfied to discover that you do have choices. This console is, beyond question, one of them. Moreover, the price is moderate for beginners
- This keyboard accompanies a stunning eighteen diverse piano tones. This implies you will have a wide scope of alternatives tunes to play based on your style or inclination.
- Reasonable price
- Easy to connect with pc
- Compact design
- High-grade piano tunes & sounds
- lightweight and convenient
- The pedal sometimes feels wobbly.
- The key activity can be somewhat loud.
- No display.
- Touch response keyboard with 76keys.
- 574 high-quality voices.
- 48 notes polyphony.
- Arpeggio types 150.
- Accompaniment styles 165.
- 2 track recording with 5 songs.
- Have harmony, EQ, reverb, chorus effect.
- Dual mode and split mode
- Dimension 4.62” x 45.37” x 14.5”
The Features We Like:
- It comes with 76 touch response keys, which will respond according to the pressure you give in each key.
- Buttons and functions are clear and the LED screen is easy to see and read.
- The sound quality of this piano is excellent.
- It has a large collection of 154 preset songs and 165 preset styles to learn from.
- To customize the keyboard, it has a one-touch setting to personalize it.
- It is very user-friendly for the beginners as it has step by step practice and lessons.
- It includes the PA130 Power Adapter.
- It can help you to master more complex piano techniques.
- 61 lighted key.
- 48 notes polyphony.
- 400 preset tones.
- World rhythms 46.
- 10 reverb effects.
- Built-in songs 60.
- Dance music mode.
- Key lighting lesson.
- Dimension 3.6” x 37.25” x 12.12”
The Features We Like:
- You will get a huge variety of music with 60 built-in songs and 400 tones.
- It has leading light to indicate which key to press for the built-in songs which is an amazing benefit for the beginners.
- Dance mode enables you to create dance music and remix it super easily.
- Its battery power is good enough to take it anywhere you want and play.
- This keyboard will enable you to input more vocals for your own tunes.
- It will give you the feel of the piano.
- This keyboard is beginner friendly and easy to use.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- Easy to carry anywhere.
- Have 50 dance music modes.
- Leading light for easy practice.
- Built-in speakers.
- Lesion function.
- Battery support.
- There is no USB connection for connecting the computer.
- No Bluetooth connectivity.
- Chordana play app is missed.
- 88 key semi-weighted keyboard.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- 5 built-in realistic voices.
- 128 note polyphony.
- 60 preset songs.
- 2 demos.
- Layer mode, split mode and lesson mode.
- Reverb, chorus and pedal resonance FX effect.
- Dimension 50.5” x 11.5” x 3.6”
- Weight 15.7 pound.
The Features We Like:
- It has a compact design so that you can carry it anywhere you want.
- It includes adjustable sensitivity for which you can play the piano with your own style.
- The sensitivity range is between high medium and low.
- This piano will give you premium quality sound.
- It comes with layer mode with which you can compose two different voices at the same time.
- Another mode is a split mode with which you can add two different voices in two different sides.
- It also has lesson mode by which two people can play the piano together.
- High-quality product with a budget price.
- Portable because of its compact design.
- Realistic and natural sound.
- Touch response key.
- Easy to use.
- Three different modes.
- Built-in speaker.
- Full-size keyboard.
- Need an external sound system for a loud sound.
- Do not have a sustain pedal.
- Tones are limited.
A Brief Buying Guide of Best Piano for Beginners
From the beginning of these best piano reviews, we have shown you some of the best pianos with some best features. Which one you should buy will totally depend on your preferences and your budget of course.
However, we are now giving you some points that you should know or look for before going to buy a piano for you.
- Playability: The first major one is playability. As you are a beginner, you always should buy a piano that is user-friendly and beginner friendly. You do not need to practice on a professional level piano from the beginning. Check out the touch senility of the piano keys and buy the one which will be suitable for you.
- Tone Options and Quality: You may probably want to buy a digital piano mainly for playing a piano sound. But we suggest you buy a piano which offers more tones. Because, with more tone, you can practice and experience more and can broaden your abilities. Besides, tone quality also very important to build up your sound knowledge and to compose better in future. So, if it is possible, increase your budget and buy a higher priced piano which offers good tone quality.
- Connectivity: As you are opting to buy a digital piano, you obviously have to think about the connectivity options. Because, if you are able to connect external devices with your piano you will have some great benefit. There are some apps to connect your external device with your piano and this will definitely to enhance your learning experience.
- Brand: Brand is always an important factor in terms of buying musical instruments. Buying a digital piano of a well-known brand will give you good sound quality, better durability, and top reliability. We recommend you to buy pianos from Yamaha, Casio, Poland, and King Brands.
- Extra Features: It is better if you get some accessories like stands, benches, pedals while buying your piano. These accessories will improve your learning and playing experience. Besides, look for the piano which has some learning tools like Dual-mode, built-in metronome, keys that light up, etc.
So, these are the best piano for beginners we have found. We guarantee that if you select any of the above lists, every of your penny will be worth. That’s all for today. You can check out our other instruments review before buying one. Moreover, you can get “how to”s posts here to become a music expert.
Remember, all your music passion can be gone if you will not select the right musical instrument for you.