Music is one of the finest passion of man, which can create beauty, and happiness both at the same time. However, choosing the perfect piano for beginners is not that simple as it seems. As a beginner, you will need a good quality piano to get started with but you are also not ready for the grand professional one. There are so many great options out there but not all the great options are best for you. Therefore, there are several things you will need to know before buying a piano and we are here to help you with that.
Before writing the review of the best piano for beginners, we would like to let you know about some basics about buying a best digital piano for you. So, what are the basics then? Read below.
Which Piano Do You need as a beginner?
There are several things you need to know before buying a piano. As a beginner, your price range should not be very high and the piano should not be cheap. It should be in quality on a budget. If you are very serious about learning it, you should buy a full size weighted key piano as most of the music examination board use that kind of pianos for the exam. As technology has developed, there is not much difference between the digital piano and the acoustic piano. Even digital keyboards are much more practical nowadays.
How to choose the best piano for learner?
To avoid wasting money stupidly, here are the main criteria to consider before buying a digital piano to start in good conditions.
Best in weight and bulk
Generally, digital pianos are much lighter and smaller than acoustic pianos. However, make sure that the dimensions of the model you buy are adapted to the space available in your room.
Note that most portable pianos can be easily removed for storage, while digital pianos for the stage fit easily into your car when you are up to a road trip.
Best in price
Electric pianos usually cost huge less than their acoustic correspondent, between € 200 for the entry-level and sometimes over € 1000 for experienced pianists.
Maintenance is not a problem with digital pianos (you just have to pay attention to the accumulation of dust), while acoustic pianos require tuning every day, a recurring and expensive service.
Best in brand
Even if you are looking for the best piano for beginners, it is important to limit yourself to brands recognized in the world of electronic music instruments. The best digital piano brands include Roland, Yamaha or Casio.
By choosing one of these manufacturers, you take less risk of poor quality materials, longevity problems or after-sales service.
Best in quality of the keyboard
First of all, it is important to check before selecting the best digital piano for beginners, whether your digital piano has 88 keys or not. It is the basis for not being annoyed while progressing and having to change device. Then, be aware that the keys to some models will make more noise than others, which can be annoying for people in the family even if you put a helmet.
Similarly, polyphony (that is to say the number of notes played simultaneously, I advise you at least 128) and the presence or absence of heavy touch (adjustable or not) are two criteria that will directly affect the pleasantness when using the digital piano.
Best in sound quality and volume control
The amplification process often determines the quality of the sound produced by your digital piano, while affecting the quality of the music you play. Make sure you choose a piano with good amplification technology.
A traditional piano generates a certain volume range depending on the force with which you hit its keys. The volume of the digital piano is easily adjustable. If you want to practice in silent, it possible using a headphone on most models (ideal in the apartment for example).
Best in record
Some digital pianos give you the option to record your performance, which can be a benefit when you learn to play and want to review your progress.
Best in connectivity
Most digital pianos have a MIDI function that allows you to connect to your computer and the recording equipment. Some models accept flash memory cards so that you can transfer music to other devices and computers.
Best in learning functions
A digital piano designed for beginners often includes lessons, exercises, notes and chord displays, a metronome, and access to online resources. Some have a dual headphone jack that allows you to work together silently. Similarly, those with split keyboard functions allow the students to play with their teacher in the same octaves.
6 Best Pianos For Beginners (Our Recommendation)
Here, we have listed 6 digital pianos, which we think would be great to start playing. Some are pricey for beginners and some have a very reasonable price. Let’s check out.
- Full sized 61 soft touch keyboard.
- AWM stereo sampling.
- Nine step lesion function.
- 385 high-quality voices.
- Duo Mode system.
- Ultra-wide stereo option.
- 1 track recording.
- 32 note polyphony.
- The design is very much portable and compact. To add a backing band at you performance it has accompaniment styles. Its simplest design is best for entry level
- It has special one boar lesson feature.
- It is onboard 385 sounds are fantastic like its strings, organ, synths, and pianos are done very beautifully.
- Little screen for music sheet is very much user-friendly and extremely helpful. That you can apply for both treble and bass. This screen also shows you the song style and sound.
- Its Portable grand button is especially for launching back you to the default sound.
- To practice with a partner, it has duo mode system that allows keyboard into 2 same havels and divides the middle C.
- For sufficient variation, it has 32 polyphony notes.
- These keyboard keys are shiny and sleek.
- Battery supported works for hours.
- Cord types drum symbol and based on the keypress you can identify cord type.
- It includes 100 Educational Suite(YES) preset songs.
- Ideal for starter aspiring musicians
- Lesson mode is very easy changes according to learner’s pace.
- You can create your own music.
- Great sounds with voices.
- The ease of handling,
- Value for money,
- Easy transportation,
- The interface very simple.
- Power cord missing.
- Full body is made of plastic. So do not drop it and use carefully.
- Middle C is not so clear.
- 54 portable electronic keyboard.
- 100 built-in
- 100 keyboard voices.
- 8 demo songs with playback and record function.
- Product dimension is 33.5 x 13 x 4.7 inches.
- Weight is 8.27 pounds.
- Interactive LCD screen with various teaching modes.
- Its portable and high-quality design makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners.
- It keyboards make you feel like a traditional
- It built in rhythms offer you a lot of variety and make your keyboard extreme versatile.
- It has also built-in stereo speakers.
- It has High quality and easily readable LCD screen that helps you to play 8 sample songs with the right key and cords. Its LCD screen is very bright and nice that offers an amazing experience while guiding you with various sounds and notes.
- Its full-size key adds little bit extra weight.
- Its sound quality makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners. This piano is amazing with plenty of sounds. It beat finding the quality that matches to the song is nice with 8 percussion sound effect.
- It has some very useful add-on like sheet music and android tablet.
- Its key size is full.
- Easy to use
- Great choice for any learner.
- Lightweight and comfortable to use.
- Quite loud built-in speakers
- For a learner, it has great instructions.
- Great value for a beginner.
- You can feel a bit springy with keys.
- Headphone connect facility is poor.
- Built-in tunes all are not impressive.
- Product dimension 39.5 x 17 x 6.5 inches
- Product weight 13.75 pounds.
- 61 standard electronic keyboard.
- LED Display.
- DC 12v/8” D batteries.
- 110 V 8 D Batteries.
- 10w Amplifier.
- US plug type.
- Eight demo songs with Eight percussion.
- It is one of the best piano for apprentice and hobbyists. It is highly compact size.
- Its keyboard is perfect touch and quite smooth.
- Its intelligent teaching function enables your children to learn more accurately and faster.
- 16-grade master volume control and 46 level keyboard percussion tempo control with it you can easily create wonderful notes.
- Headphone gives you discreet play built is speakers give you loud and high sound play.
- Multi-function facility for intermediate and beginner level.
- It has a very easy and simple operational panel with nice clear LCD display.
- It is fully equipped with playback and record function and rhythm programming.
- It has one key and follows two teaching modes.
- It has a headphone output with L/R speaker.
- It comes with some other functions like vibrato, sustain, fill-in, Sync, Fingered Chord and a single
- It comes with user manual, charger adapter, music sheet holder and electronic keyboard.
- Best digital piano for beginners.
- Excellent quality with many features.
- Simple working keyboard.
- Great price value.
- Intelligent teaching function.
- The headphone is not so good quality.
- 400 AHL voices keyboard.
- Product dimension is 40x6x16 inches.
- 61 keys piano style keyboard.
- 48 polyphony notes.
- 150 rhythms and 110 built-in songs with 400 tones.
- USB MIDI Connection.
- Built-in MIC with sound EFX sampler.
- It has a compact body and frame, which makes it one of the best digital piano for beginners.
- AHL GM Voices with 48 notes.
- You can synthesize with music software program with its USB MIDI connection.
- To capture sound effects, clicks and hand clap it has 2-second recording features.
- Built-in microphone for voice recording, tonality and pitch control.
- LCD display with 110 songs.
- It comes with inbuilt transport and tuning functionality.
- For clear and realistic sounds, it has built-in.
- If you want to slow down your songs it has also a speed controller.
You can discover more abut that product by click here.
- Full-sized real feel keys
- Variety of effects and tones for experiments
- Best digital piano for beginners for LCD screen, which is more assistive.
- Good option for those with a tight budget or beginners.
- The sound quality feels digital, not natural.
- No pressure or velocity sensitive keys.
- Lacks of teaching facility like other models down below.
- It’s a graded soft touch 76-key digital piano.
- You’ll have 6 track records with master Equalizer.
- This has 489 high-quality tones with great stereo speakers.
- The dimension is 137 mm X 1178 mm X 412 mm (HxWxD).
- The weight of the product is 8.3 kg.
- It has 300 music database with an option for external storage.
- If you like the realistic sound from a digital piano with just a soft touch on the keys, Yamaha DGX230 would be the another best one piece for beginners.
- The song arranger feature will allow you to easily play a song with different styles.
- It even has Performance Assistance Technology. This feature can help you practice with the right You can appear on a show and play like a pro without knowing much about playing the piano.
- It has a huge music database and you can expand it by adding external storage to it.
- The piano can be connected to a host computer via USB cable easily.
- This one is a very good option for the beginners because of Yamaha Education Suite or YES in short. With this advanced teaching assistant, you’ll master a song following easy steps and shout YES in no time.
- Sounds really great considering the price
- Huge built-in sound options of more than 400 instruments
- Keys feel real
- Good deal for beginners
- Speakers need improvement.
- The audio seems inconsistent.
- Not so professional.
- It’s a full-size keyboard with 88 weighted keys that has hammer action.
- The total weight is 26 kg or 11.8 pounds.
- The dimension is 117 mm X 1312 mm X 336 mm (HxWxD).
- It has 3 pedals, 1 headphone input, line output, built-in speaker, and 8 sounds.
- Reverb and chorus effects are present in this digital piano.
- The first feature to be mentioned here is its natural weighted hammer keys. This feature makes it feel like an authentic acoustic grand piano.
- Korg B1SP also offers motional feedback technology, which makes the sound more natural by ensuring an ideal frequency response.
- You can’t differentiate this digital piano with an acoustic one because it has used advanced sampling techniques to create vibrant and rich instrumental sound.
- The 3 pedals will allow you to perform like playing a real grand piano.
- You’ll get a matching seat which has a comfortable piano height. So, you can practice for hours.
- Very easy to use and assemble
- Comes with pre-programmed music
- Sounds realistic
- Good quality weighted keys
- Can’t get the feeling of strong or solid build while playing the piano.
- No USB connectivity.
So, these are the best piano for beginners we have found. We guarantee that if you select any of the above lists, every of your penny will be worth. That’s all for today. You can check out our other instruments review before buying one. Moreover, you can get “how to”s posts here to become a music expert.
Remember, all your music passion can be gone if you will not select the right musical instrument for you.